The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
- Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
- Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
- When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
- If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
- Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
- Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
- Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
- Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
- Do not harm little children.
- Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
- When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
I’ve read this several times before researching on Heaven and Hell mythologies and have to say that, if there was a religion that I ever felt in tune with, it was this.
LaVeyan Satanism is not the typical dark-worshipper cult-type religion. ‘Satan’ in this case is not a god nor figure to be worshiped- ‘Satan’ is -us-. An acknowledgement of the carnality of humanity and embracing it as opposed to purging it in the belief of satisfying a greater good. Satanists do not regulate their lives by the rules of a God, but regulate on the Golden Rule (Not do unto others what you don’t want done unto yourself).
This Wikipedia entry would explain most of the basic information on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism